Saturday, December 4, 2010

On a snowy day...

A few weeks ago in Seattle it was heavily snowing.The roads were completely covered with snow and it was nearly impossible to get around.There are two positive things that came out of this.1.No school!!!!!2.Hours of fun in the snow.As me and my best friend were sledding down hills(not really,we were sledding in my tiny back yard.)after a while we felt like having a nice warm cup of hot cocoa,so I decided to make some.

Recipe for hot cocoa 

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup water
4   cups milk
3/4 tsp vanilla
mini marshmallows or whipped cream(optional)

Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in a medium saucepan,stir in water.Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly,until mixture comes to a boil.Boil for two minutes stirring constantly.Add milk,heat to serving temperature,stirring constantly,do not boil.

Remove from heat,add vanilla.Serve with marshmallows or whipped cream if desired.
Makes 5 servings

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Job Zaafi!! Loved the writing and the pictures. I shall try this out at home and let you know how it comes out.
    Waiting to see more innovative and new recipes from you:-))
    mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I will try to post as many recipes as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zaaa.....mouth watering recipes.....

    ReplyDelete